Contest - Horse Classic
Available Horse Classic Downloads
- Horse Bowl: Horse Bowl Rules 2017-18.pdf (updated 27 February 2017)
- Horse Individual and Team Demonstrations: Horse Demos Rules 2017-18.pdf (updated 27 February 2017)
- Horse Judging: Horse Judging Rules 2017-18.pdf (updated 16 March 2017)
- Horse Public Speaking: Horse Public Speaking 2017-18.pdf (updated 27 February 2017)
- Hippology: Hippology Rules 2017-18.pdf (updated 27 February 2017)
Horse Industry Handbook Updates
ATTENTION: For Horse Bowl and Hippology teams, be sure to include the 2014 Horse Industry Handbook updates in your study materials. Visit the AYHC store at http://www.ayhc.com/AYHC_Store.html to order your updates today (More info on ordering and what's new in the Handbook)
Schedules and locations of Horse Classic events
Dates, times, and locations of the coaches meetings and the contests themselves will be posted when they are available. Please always see the schedule page which is kept up-to-date.
An explanation of Eligibility for Eastern National and Western National 4-H Horse Contests
States may participate in only one event, either Eastern National 4-H Roundup or Western National 4-H Roundup. If a State decides to change whether it will attend the Eastern or Western National Contest from its participation the previous year, the Contest Management Committee of both events are to be notified of the decision by April 1 of the current year. All representative teams from a state must attend that same event. Read this memorandum from Dr. Lauxman, Director, 4-H National Headquarters for more information.